Now that everyone is learning from a distance. Here are some resources that might make the journey easier. Happy Trails~
Train teachers and students to use Meet
- After you set up Meet in your domain, you can coach your educators and students to use Meet. Share the Google Meet Help Center, the Google Meet quick start PDF, the G Suite Learning Center, the new Teach from Home Resource Center, and the information below.
View features and tips for teachers
For best practices in distance learning, review the Teacher’s Guide to Google Meet.
- For education accounts, only the meeting creator, calendar event owner, or person who sets up a meeting on an in-room hardware device can mute or remove video meeting participants. This ensures student participants can’t mute or remove one another or the teacher. (This automatic restriction is being applied to all education accounts, starting March 19, 2020.)
- When using Meet, participants can turn off their camera to show their profile photo instead. This can improve video meeting quality if internet speed is slow. If audio quality is poor, use a phone for audio instead.
- For large classes, use a live stream instead of having students join an interactive video class meeting. To engage students while live streaming, you can use Google Slides Q&A. Or, you can pre-record a lesson to share later.
- To help students who are deaf or hard of hearing, turn on live captions in Meet. To capture student responses for a recorded class, use Google Slides Q&A.
Thank you Brandi Calwell and the rest of the Alabama Technology in Motion Team, for this suggestion, and the link to terrific resources!
- Teacher friends, I know many of you have used Kahoot! live in class, but do you know you can host a self-paced challenge? Also, Kahoot has a question bank and a large gallery for you to discover and edit ready-made Kahoot! games. Go to the Kahoot App to play this challenge. Here is a fun one to try out https://kahoot.it/challenge/
03724441?challenge-id= 93c09ccf-c017-4d75-be91- 2820f86bee30_1587341437512 (Game pin is: 03724441)