Randolph Park Elementary
Randolph Park Elementary
2200 W. 17th Street Anniston, AL 36201
Kimberly J. Garrick, Principal
Dear Randolph Park Family/Stakeholders,
I am excited to welcome back our students for what will be an awesome and challenging year of teaching and learning. We have worked very hard to ensure that we can provide your child with a safe environment in which to learn. During this time, we must use precautions as needed in order to make this happen. We understand that you too are apprehensive about the opening of school. With safety at the top of our list, we are asking that you exercise patience as we implement the adjustments that were adopted in order to make this transition a success. Parents will only be allowed to escort their child to the front door of the building. We have put together a pamphlet that lays out the school’s plan to operate on a daily basis. Please keep in mind this is the “Big Picture” plan and our staff is responsible to put this plan into action. You are welcome to view this plan which is located on our web page. I will highlight the main points of the plan in this letter. I want to stress that this plan may change at any time as guidance from the District and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) are provided.
- School will operate Face to Face/Remote daily starting on September 8, 2020
- School buses will run their scheduled routes (Routes are available at the school and community centers)
- Buses/Car Riders start arriving at 6:40: students will not be allowed to enter the building prior to that time
- Students and will have health screen (Temperatures) will be taken prior to entering the building
- Breakfast will be served upon entering the building and students eat in their class.
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks while inside the buildings.
- Students are allowed to bring their own water bottles (all personal items must be marked with student’s name)
- There will be an emphasis on cleaning the restrooms, classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, and commonly touched highly-used areas.
- Limited capacity for meetings i.e. Open house, programs.
- Lunch schedules will be adjusted to be in compliance with restrictions
- Students and staff who exhibit a symptom of COVID-19 will be quarantined in a specific area and required to return home.
- Remote learners will start at 8:00 a.m. and receive core subject instruction streamed from the classrooms
- Medical necessity - Documentation from a medical professional is required at administrative request.
- Meals will be provided for remote learners on Mondays from 11:00-12:00. Meals will be provided for five days at that time for registered students of RPE.
- Students participating in remote learning will be graded using the same standards as students participating in daily in-person instruction.
- Students participating in face to face instruction will bring chromebooks on the first day of school and may take home on Fridays.
- Updated Immunization Form and phone numbers must be turned into the school.
- Registration for returning/new students will be at 1:00 p.m. on September 8th. Parents must complete the online registration first.
- Damaged chromebooks must be reported to the tech, Ms. Wright, for maintenance/repairs. You would not be issued another device until the assigned chromebook is returned from repairs.
I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their support and patience during this challenging time. Also, a special thank you to our stakeholders who stepped in to render their support.
If you have further questions or concerns please contact an administrator. We will be glad to answer your questions or address your concerns.
We’re All in This Together!
Kimberly J. Garrick